Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

6/29/15 Run

On Monday, I ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I varied the speed, so my body wouldn't adapt to the workout. A trainer once  told me it's good to keep my muscles "guessing" or my workout would be less effective. I'm not sure if it really applies to a 30 minute run on the treadmill, but I figure it couldn't hurt anything. So, I adjusted the speed from 7.0 to 8.0 for 10 minutes and then kicked it up to 9.0 for 5 minutes. If anything, it kept the workout interesting. 

I also did some planks for 45 seconds after my run to strengthen my core. A strong core helps you maintain your form during the run. Runner's World recommends doing the core workout afterwards because you're tired and this will make it more challenging. I can attest that it is more challenging to do the core workouts after running.

No comments:

Post a Comment