Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Boost your self confidence to accomplish your goals

I was having trouble getting below the 2 hour mark for the half marathon. I was putting in the training time and I felt I should be running faster than I was actually running. This led me to exploring the psychological side of performance. I found a book entitled, "The Champions Mind: How Great Athletes Think, Train, and Thrive" by Jim Afremow.

This book talked about various ways to change how you think about yourself and your performance. He studied various athletes who are successful in their fields and found some tricks they use to boost their performance. One of those tricks is visualization. You need to visualize your future performance with as much detail as possible. For example, picture yourself running the race with the clothes you'll be wearing, with people cheering, feeling the sting of sweat in your eyes, the heavy breathing, and crossing the finish line and seeing your goal time on the clock.

Another trick is have self confidence. If you don't think you will be able to reach your goal in your mind, then it will never happen. Your body follows your mind. I found this article on boosting your self confidence that will help you get you started on thinking positive and achieving your goals. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment