Search This Blog

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Grilled Pineapple Chicken Recipe



Good morning! I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday. Here is a timely recipe....

I found this recipe and tried it out when the outside temperature was in the triple digits. I didn't feel like cooking inside, so I fired up the bbq and retreated back inside to the a/c. I came out once to flip the foil packets and then went quickly back inside.

I did make some substitutions to the recipe. I couldn't find any pineapple jelly, so I had to go with pineapple w/apricot jelly. I also went with Mrs. Dash instead of salt.

I tried this recipe again without the pineapple jelly sauce. I just soaked the chicken chunks with low sodium soy sauce in a zip loc bag for 1/2 hour. That switch also tasted pretty good. Just something to consider.

I do recommend using an "ov-glove" or bbq glove instead of tongs. The tongs can puncture the foil packets and cause a mess. It is also a good idea to use a cookie sheet or a platter to carry the packets to and from the bbq.


Here is the link: Betty Crocker Grilled Pineapple Chicken




The finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment