Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Post Fourth Run

My neighborhood had a bbq for the holiday that offered some great food. With the holiday celebrations, I try not to over eat or eat too many unhealthy foods. However, with this celebration I overate and feasted on brownies, cookies, and this delicious cheesecake tart dish. I need to make up for this by increasing my physical activity and eating better during the rest of the week. That way I can stave off any weight gain and get back on track.

Originally, I planned on running 11 miles around Lagoon Valley park on Sunday. As a penance for my gluttonous behavior the day before, I decided to increase my mileage to 15 miles. Unfortunately, there was a fire in the hills around the park that started on the night of the fourth and was still smoldering the next day. The fire department closed the park, so I ran on the surface streets around town. The air quality was still good because of a breeze that took the smoke away from the area I was running, so I didn't have to run on a treadmill indoors. Whats the point of running if your going to breathe in heavy amounts of smoke that will damage your lungs. 

The new route was a nice change of pace from my normal route. My normal routine has some hill work, but the new route was nice and flat. I decided to run at my half marathon pace for 5 miles to make the run more challenging. My Sunday runs are normally my long and slow runs to build up the blood vessels in my legs. However, today was different and I was being flexible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment