Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2015

8/2/15 Training Post

Since the race last Sunday, I have been focusing on cross training. I took the week off from running, but I continued my normal routine of weight lifting 3x a week and 30 minutes of cardio. It was a nice break to help prevent burnout or repetitive use injuries. Normally, I would go from training for one race and straight into training for another race. However, I had a foot injury a few weeks ago that opened my eyes on the importance of rest. So, I decided to take a week off from running after this last race.

For my cardio workouts this week, I spent most of my time on the stationary cycle. This helped to get the blood flowing in my legs with less stress on my knees. I also used the rowing machine on one of those days. It is a nice change of pace and offers a total body workout, as well. Next week I will go back to my regular running schedule, but I'll use these machines on my off days to keep up my cardiovascular health. I'm also going to try a new recipe I found for a post workout smoothie. If it is any good, then I'll post the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment