Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Training Post 8/18

My workout was delayed today because I had to report for jury duty. It wasn't the way I wanted to spend my day off. I wanted to sleep in, work out, and then see a movie, but it turned out to be an alright day. There was a girl I went to school with that was also reporting for jury duty, so I was able to talk with her while we waited for the courts to get ready. It was nice catching up with her and made reporting for jury duty a pleasant experience. My group wasn't needed and the judge personally thanked us before dismissing my group. It turns out the defendant accepted a plea bargain after the judge ruled on some motions. I was let out by noon, so I had time to run some errands before going to the gym. Not enough time for the movie. I'll have to wait until later to see Straight Out of Compton.

I did my normal routine of weightlifting and 30 minutes on the stationary bike. My gym has a workout station set up that provides a total body workout in 29 minutes. I have been using that workout for about 6 months and I'm happy with it. I'm using the weight lifting to support my running, so that type of workout suits me.  If I was looking to increase strength or get cut, then I'd meet with a trainer and get a different workout routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment