Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

9/9 Training

I did some interval training on the treadmill today. I started off with a 5 minute warm up and then I did the intervals. I ran 1 minute @ 10 mph and then dropped down to 7 mph for 2 minutes for my recovery. This was repeated for 30 minutes. I ended up running 4.36 miles and finished off my workout with 3 sets of 20 reps of kettle bell twists.

It was a good workout. I enjoy doing the intervals and look forward to them every other week. I'm thinking about taking my speed up to 11 mph for the next workout. I'll see how I feel and then make the decision that day. I never thought I'd be running this fast on the treadmill. Two years ago, 7.0 mph was my top speed. I'm glad I stuck with it and kept pushing myself. Who knows, maybe one day I'll look back and laugh at 10 mph being my top speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment